Musculoskeletal problems include neck, back, shoulder, wrist, knee, and hip pain, as well as sprains, strains and overuse injuries. Pinpointing the source of your pain can help narrow down the cause for concern and help to find the best treatment for your problem. If you are experiencing pain in any of the areas listed above, you should consider seeing an orthopedic surgeon. Your symptoms could include:
- Difficulty performing daily functions such as climbing stairs or carrying groceries.
- Pain in your muscles, tendons or joints for more than a few days
- Joint pain that becomes intense during periods of rest
- Swelling or bruising around the joint
- Limited range of motion
- Joint deformity
- Signs of infection including heat, redness, inflammation, or fever